Prince William Becomes Duke of Cambridge
Upon the marriage of her grandson, Prince William of Wales, Her Majesty the Queen has bestowed upon him the title of Duke of Cambridge.
This will make his bride-to-be, Catherine Middleton, Her Royal Highness the Duchess of Cambridge after today’s wedding ceremony at Westminster Abbey. The official statement read,
“The Queen has today been pleased to confer a Dukedom on Prince William of Wales. His titles will be Duke of Cambridge, Earl of Strathearn and Baron Carrickfergus.
Prince William thus becomes His Royal Highness The Duke of Cambridge and Miss Catherine Middleton on marriage will become Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cambridge.”
It is custom in the British Royal Family for a marrying Prince to receive a Peerage in conjunction with his wedding, if he does not already hold one.Filed under British Royals
Tagged British Royal Wedding 2011, Elizabeth II, The Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke of Cambridge, Titles.
- Prince William and Catherine Middleton Officially Engaged
- William & Catherine Set the Date
- Invitations to William and Catherine’s Wedding Have Been Sent
- More Information Concerning the Wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton Released
- The Prince William & Miss Catherine Middleton Charitable Gift Fund