Mohammed opens Poetry Festival
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai opened the seven-day poetry festivel. The festivel is Dubai’s plan to bring different poets from across the globe to help build bridges of understanding across the great cultural divide.
The festivel kicked off yesterday, Wednesday March 5 at World Trade Centre surrounded by well-known names in Arabic and international poetry circles.
Attending the was Breyten Breytenbach, a South African activist,”Wole” Soyinka, the first Nobel Prize winner in Literature from the African sub-saharan region who Breytenbach apologised on his behalf, saying that he could not make it but would be joining the festival proceedings later in the week.Filed under UAE Royals
Tagged Dubai, Poetry, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid.
- Sheikh Mohammed to attend the opening of Dubai International Poetry Festival
- Janadriya Festival Opens Doors
- New Year’s Waka Poetry Reading Ceremony
- President Opens Defence Show
- Princess Haya Opens World Pearl Forum