Queen Sofia Awards 2008
Today, Her Majesty the Queen of Spain presented the 2008 Queen Sofia Awards for Disability Prevention and Universal Accessibility to the Municipalities, in a ceremony at Zarzuela Palace.
The awards are organized by the Royal Board of Disability, of which the Queen is Honorary President. The mission of this charity is to encourage prevention of impairments, rehabilitation and social integration of people with disabilities. These issues were established some time ago by the Queen Sofia Awards in three categories; Prevention, Rehabilitation and Universal accessibility to the municipalities.
They are intended to acknowled the the continued work done by people or institutions in these three fields.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Awards, Health, Patronage, Queen Sofia.
- Queen Sofia’s Co-operation Trips
- Preparations for the Prince of Asturias Awards 2009 Have Begun
- Caribbean Tour by the King and Queen of Spain
- Spanish King and Queen Visit Florida
- Prince of Orange Visits Military Rehabilitation Center