New Stamps for Luxembourg Milestones
To mark two major milestones in the Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family in 2011, the Luxembourg postal service, P&TLuxembourg, has released two stamps featuring the individuals who will mark round birthdays.
The first stamp is to commemorate former Grand Duke Jean’s 90th birthday, which took place on January 5th. The second commemorates the 30th birthday of the Hereditary Grand Duke, Guillaume, which will take place on November 11th. The stamps can be purchased as a ‘series’ for 1,95€.
Several times over the years, the Luxembourg P&T has released a stamp (or several) featuring a member of the Grand Ducal Family. Last year, stamps were released to mark Grand Duke Henri’s tenth anniversary on the throne; and the 25th anniversary of Grand Duchess Charlotte’s death in 1985. Stamps from the P&T from 1999 can be viewed on their website.Filed under Luxembourg Royals
Tagged Birthday, Grand Duke Jean, Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, Royal Stamps.
- National Day Celebrations Wrap Up in Luxembourg
- Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume attends delivery of the Luxembourg American Business Award 2010
- 90th Birthday of Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg
- Grand Ducal Family Out in Force in Luxembourg City
- Luxembourg State Visit from President McAleese