Queen Beatrix and Prince Friso Open “New Love” Center
On Friday February 11, Queen Beatrix along with Prince Friso were present at the opening of the “New Love” center in Amsterdam.
“New Love” is a new multi-religious and cultural center and provides a platform for, among other studies, debate, philosophy, religion, music and theater. New Love is an initiative of the poet, theologian and priest Huub Oosterhuis and is housed in a monumental building that was totally renovated in 2010.
It features a large hall for 230 visitors, a small hall, a choir room, a library, a lounge and a private bar and restaurant. The public programming starts Monday, February 14.
Queen Beatrix opened the building by signing a digital guest book. She also read two lines of a poem by Henriette Roland Holst: “The soft power will certainly win, to perfect love transcends everything.”Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Culture, Prince Friso, Princess Beatrix.
- Queen Beatrix attended the opening of the DeLaMar Theater
- Queen Beatrix opens ’200 Years of the Prix de Rome’ Exhibition
- Queen Beatrix and Prince Philip Honour Liberation of Nijmegen
- Queen Beatrix Reopens the Royal Palace in Amsterdam
- Queen Beatrix Meets Michael Gorbatsjov At the ‘Club of Rome’