Princess Mary Gives Birth to Son and Daughter
At just before lunchtime on January 8th, 2011, the Danish Royal Court announced that Crown Princess Mary gave birth to a son and a daughter.
The twins were born at 10:30 and 10:56, at the Rigshospitalet in Copenhagen. They weighed 2674 grams and 2554 grams respectively.
The official press release read:
“On 8 January 2011 Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mary gave birth to two healthy children at Righospitalet in Copenhagen.
The son was born at 10.30
Weight: 2674 grams, length 47 cm.
The daughter was born at 10.56
Weight: 2554 grams, length 46 cm.
Mother and children are doing fine.
His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik was present at Rigshospitalet all the time.”
The twins are the third and fourth children for Crown Princess Mary and her husband, heir to the Danish throne, Crown Prince Frederik. Their elder children, Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, are five and three.Danish Royals
Tagged Birth, Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, Prince Vincent, Princess Josephine.
- Palace Announces Princess Mary Expecting Twins
- Princess Mary Admitted to Hospital
- Crown Prince Billah & Princess Sarah of Brunei Welcome Daughter
- Princess Mary awards Danish Heart Association Grants
- Frederik & Mary On the Alps, After Lending a Hand for Haiti