Bahraini King’s Brother Passes Away
Sheikh Rashid Bin Isa Al Khalifa, the brother of Bahrain’s King Hamad, died on Friday in Germany, said the Royal Court today. Sheikh Rashid was the King’s third brother and the chairman of the equestrian and horse racing club, he had no political position in the Kingdom.
A seven-day mourning period was announced, in which all flags will be flown at half-mast. The deceased will be buried in Riffa, south of Manama on Saturday and the condolences will be accepted at Riffa Palace from Saturday to Monday the Royal Court said in its statement.
The Bahraini King was scheduled to deliver an address on Friday (today) afternoon marking National Day and Accession to the Throne Day. The speech has been postponed to a later date.Filed under Bahrain Royals
Tagged Death, King Hamad, Sheikh Rashid bin Isa.
- King of Bahrain’s Mother Passes Away
- Bahraini King and King Abdullah II Attend Air Show
- Mohammed Bin Rashid attends poetry evening
- History of the Māori Kings of New Zealand
- Queen Silvia speaks for the First Time about Brother’s Death