Opening of the 7th Annual Dubai International Film Festival
Sheikh Majid Bin Mohammed Al Maktoum, Chairman of the Dubai Culture and Arts Authority, opened the 7th Annual Dubai International Film Festival that was held at the Madinat Jumirah Complex, in the presence of Sheikh Mansour Al Maktoum. The cermony opened with broadcasting live footage thats showed different cultures and creations that the Dubai Festival collected in one place.
75 countries participate in the Dubai Festival with 157 films and several Arabic movies from Egypt, Syria, Lebanon and Iraq will compete for the Muhr Award, which is for the best Arabic film. DIFF artistic director Massoud Amralla said “diversification of options to create a kind of dialogue and enrich the cultural and intellectual debate for the future of Cine-prosperous,” stressing the keenness of the festival to provide actions to deal with humanitarian issues.
The ceremony was attended by celebrities from across the world.Filed under UAE Royals
Tagged Dubai, Film Festival, Sheikh Majid bin Mohammed, Sheikh Mansoor bin Mohammed.
- Sheikh Mohammed to attend the opening of Dubai International Poetry Festival
- Queen Noor Attends Dubai International Film Festival
- Dubai ruler visits Art Dubai & attends horse show
- Mohammed attends final session of Dubai Policy Forum
- Dubai Ruler Wins Endurance Race, Gets Six Month Ban