Queen Sonja’s School Award 2010
This year the Kaupanger school in Sogndal was awarded with the Queen Sonja’s School.
The school was awarded with the price because it developed good training programs for diverse students. The students have trainings in democratic processes and take part in different student councils. They developed and improved the design of classrooms, teaching materials and teaching methods.
Queen Sonja visited the school on December 2nd. During a ceremony the rector and the student council leader recieved the School Award from the Queen’s hand. After presenting the award the Queen was given a guided tour to learn more abou the school.
The School Award is awarded annually since 2006 and is given to schools with special efforts for social inclusion and equality.The winners of the prizerecieve a diploma, a cash prize and a lithograph by artist Eli Hovdenak.
Read more about the School Award here.
Tagged Awards, Children, Education, Queen Sonja.
- HM King Abdullah II visits his Primary School with Queen Rania
- Queen Silvia attends Manila School 200th Anniversary
- Queen Rania wins the European Council on Human Rights Award
- Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume attends delivery of the Luxembourg American Business Award 2010
- Crown Prince Couple Recieves = Oslo Award