Crown Princess Mathilde attended the “Day of the defence”
On Saturday morning December 04, Princess Mathilde was present in Peutie at the National Family Info (NIFD) who is organized by the Department of Defense.
Defence Minister Pieter De Crem and Chief of Staff General Charles-Henri Delcour welcomed the Princess on the basis of Peutie in Vilvoorde.
Princess Mathilde talked a few hours to the families of a thousand Belgian soldiers currently on mission in Afghanistan, Lebanon and Congo. Around 1,600 families were present. It is the seventh time that a Defence organizes family day in December in favor of the relatives of men and women serving abroad, numbering about a thousand.
The largest contingent is in Afghanistan where they are nearly 600, divided between Kabul, Kandahar (south) and Kunduz (North), within the international force of Security Assistance Force (ISAF), led by the NATO. Nearly 150 more are on mission in Lebanon in the UN Interim Force (UNIFIL).
Tagged Military, Queen Mathilde.
- Crown Princess Mathilde attended a Conference
- Crown Princess Mathilde attended the launch of “The Week of Aloud Reading”
- Crown Princess Mathilde discusses Women’s Rights with Sheikha Fatima, Attends Banquet
- Philippe & Mathilde in Mexico – Day 1
- Crown Princess Mathilde Visits Hospital