William & Catherine Set the Date
Prince William and his fiancée Catherine Middleton have set the date for their 2011 nuptials – Friday April 29th.
A venue was also announced in the press release from Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey:
“The marriage of Prince William and Miss Middleton will take place at Westminster Abbey on Friday 29th April 2011.
The Royal Family will pay for the wedding, following the precedence set by the marriages of The Prince and Princess of Wales in 1981 and Princess Elizabeth and Prince Philip in 1947.”
Westminster Abbey is the location of all British coronations, as well as the final resting place of many former monarchs and their consorts. The Abbey is also where the funeral of the late Diana, Princess of Wales was held in 1997.British Royals
Tagged British Royal Wedding 2011, The Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke of Cambridge, Westminster Abbey.
- Prince William and Catherine Middleton Officially Engaged
- William & Catherine’s Engagement Interview
- William & Catherine’s Engagement Press Call
- Catherine “Kate” Middleton’s Engagement Outfit
- Prince William’s Girlfriend Wins Privacy Battle