Queen Elizabeth Meets Britain’s Paralympians
HM The Queen and HRH The Duke of Edinburgh hosted a reception Wednesday at Buckingham Palace to celebrate the achievements of Great Britain’s paralympic athletes.
The British paralympic team took second place in the medal count at last year’s game, just behind the Chinese host team. They earned medals in sports as diverse as dressage and swimming, taking home around thirty gold medals on the whole.
Also attending the reception were HRH The Earl of Wessex, who is the patron of the British Paralympic Association, HRH The Countess of Wessex, HRH The Duchess of Cornwall, and HRH The Duchess of Gloucester.Filed under British Royals
Tagged Elizabeth II, Paralympics, Sport, The Duke of Edinburgh.
- New Jewels Keeper Appointed by Queen Elizabeth
- HM Queen Elizabeth II Receives Two New Ambassadors
- The British Royal Family Assembles To Unveil Queen Mother Memorial
- Queen Elizabeth To Contribute To Help Australia’s Wildfire Victims
- Accession of Elizabeth II (6 February 1952)