Prince William and Catherine Middleton Officially Engaged
In breaking news, Clarence House has announced the engagement of HRH Prince William of Wales to Miss Catherine Middleton, his girlfriend of eight years.
The press release read:
The Prince of Wales is delighted to announce the engagement of Prince William to Miss Catherine Middleton. The wedding will take place in the Spring or Summer of 2011, in London. Further details about the wedding day will be announced in due course. Prince William has informed The Queen and other close members of his family. Prince William has also sought the permission of Miss Middleton’s father.
It is believed that the couple became engaged in October during a private trip to Kenya. The BBC is reporting that later today there will be an interview and photo call with the engaged couple.
View the engagement thread here in the British forum.Filed under British Royals
Tagged Engagement, The Duchess of Cambridge, The Duke of Cambridge.
- Report: Prince William to Marry Kate Middleton
- Prince William’s Girlfriend Wins Privacy Battle
- Is the long wait going to be over for another Royal Match?
- William & Kate: A Wedding At Last?
- HRH Prince Faisal of Jordan Engaged to Sara Qabbani