Queen Beatrix opens ’200 Years of the Prix de Rome’ Exhibition
Dutch Queen Beatrix yesterday, February 24, opened the ’200 Years of the Prix de Rome’ exhibition at the Rotterdam Kunsthalle. The exhibition highlights past winners of the Dutch branch of the art and architecture prize, originally founded in 1666 by King Louis XIV of France. The prize was opened in Holland in 1808 by Louis Napoleon of France.
The Prix de Rome covers painting, drawing, photography, film and video, visual arts and theatre and visual arts and public space.
The exhibition will run from February 24 to June 1.
More information on Beatrix’s visit can be found here.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Exhibition, Princess Beatrix.
- President Opens Defence Show
- Princess Diana Exhibition in Budapest
- Frederik Opens Track Cycling World Cup Final
- Princess Haya Opens World Pearl Forum
- “Matchmaker” to Beatrix and Claus Passed Away