Princess Amalia’s Airplane
When Princess Amalia of the Netherlands turns 7 on the 7th of December, she will receive a very special honour. The airplane DC-3 PBA, named so as the princess’ great-grandfather Prince Bernhard flew it in the 1940s and 50s, will be christened Amalia. The baptism will be performed by KLM (Royal Dutch Airlines) CEO Peter Hartman.
Princess Amalia was born on the 7th of December 2003, however only had a short year to know Prince Bernhard as he passed away on the 1st of December 2004. Prince Bernhard was the father of Amalia’s grandmother Queen Beatrix.
This is not the first piece of machinery to be named after the princess. 23km west of the village of Egmond aan Zee, in the North Sea, lies The Princess Amalia Wind Farm which opened in June 2008.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Airplanes, Birthday, Prince Bernhard of the Netherlands, The Princess of Orange.
- Princess Catharina-Amalia Will Leave Kindergarten One Year Early
- Prince Bernhard Also Lobbied for the F16 Fighter
- Queen Beatrix unviels Statues of her Parents
- Prince Bernhard: Rascal or Criminal?
- Prince Constantijn Reaches the Big 4-0