Mathilde on UNAIDS Mission to Liberia
Belgium’s Princess Mathilde has undertaken a United Nations Mission to Liberia.
Mathilde was invited due to her role as special representative of UNICEF and UNAIDS, to raise awareness for the problems around “children and HIV/AIDS”. The mission focusses mainly on childern and women. Apart from visits to hospitals, schools and several projects, princess Mathilde was also present at the launch of the new ‘Agenda for Accelerating Country Action on Women, Girls, Gender Equality and HIV’ in Liberia. She also met Liberia’s president Mrs. Ellen Johnson.
Tagged HIV/AIDS, Liberia, Patronage, Queen Mathilde, UNAIDS, UNICEF, Working Visit.
- Philippe & Mathilde on economic mission to Mexico & Panama
- Mathilde battles against AIDS
- Crown Princess Mathilde discusses Women’s Rights with Sheikha Fatima, Attends Banquet
- Philippe & Mathilde in Mexico – Day 1
- Princess Mathilde talks at women congress