Queen Rania undergoes Medical Procedure in New York
Jordan’s Queen Rania is recovering in a New York hospital Monday after undergoing a medical procedure to correct an irregular heart rhythm. In a statement, the royal court said, “The procedure went very smoothly and Her Majesty is well and in good spirits. She will remain in hospital for two nights while she recuperates.”
News agency Petra describes the procedure as “a catheterization through a vein to the heart”, which is used to treat abnormal heart rhythms, or premature ventricular contractions and is a common condition. During the procedure, an electric current is used to stop the disturbance of electrical flow through the heart, restoring a healthy heart rhythm.
King Abdullah has extended his stay in New York to be with Her Majesty during the procedure. The couple were in New York to attend a few events and the UN General Assembly.Filed under Jordanian Royals
Tagged Health, Queen Rania, Surgery, United States of America.
- Rania visits New York Girls School – US Visit, Day 1
- Abdullah & Rania Inaugurate First Children’s Hospital in Jordan
- Queen Rania’s Visit to the US: Day 4
- Queen Rania launches the Arabic Version of ‘The Sandwich Swap’
- King Juan Carlos undergoes Lung Surgery