“A Team” Join Parents for Official Duty
The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima were joined by their three daughters – Princesses Catharina-Amalia, Alexia and Ariane – for their visit to the 50th edition of the Fruit Corso in Tiel on September 11th.
The three young girls, wearing floral summer dresses in pink and blue, sat front row centre for the Corso, which began with the 10th edition of the Children’s Corso featuring approximately 150 children in fruit-themed carts. After that, a parade of seventeen larger floats drove past the grandstand where the guests of honour were seated. Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Máxima sat behind their daughters, who joined them on their laps during the parade.
At the end of the Corso, the Corso Club Zoelen took home first place in the “Royal Fruit” category for 2010. The Fruit Corso is an important celebration in Tiel, as fruit and vegetables are the region’s main economic sector.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged King Willem-Alexander, Princess Alexia of the Netherlands, Princess Ariane, Queen Máxima, The Princess of Orange.
- Crown Prince Hussein’s First Official Duty
- Queen Beatrix unviels Statues of her Parents
- William & Harry Join Charles on Saving Rainforests
- Prince Of Orange Takes Family To The Vancouver Olympics: Four Extra Days of Vacation for Princess Amalia
- Princess Alexia Starts School On Monday