Swedish Royal Wedding Countdown – Two Days to Go!
There are just two days to go until the much anticipated nuptuals of HRH Crown Princess Victoria and Mr Daniel Westling, this coming Saturday. Official announcements regarding the wedding are being published, guests are arriving and the final pre-wedding events have begun.
On Monday June 14th, the Court released Daniel’s official monogram and coat of arms. They were both designed by Vladimir A Sagerlund, a National Archives heraldry artist, in conjunction with Daniel himself.
Yesterday, the Swedish Royal Court released a list of the ten flowergirls and pageboys who will accompany Princess Victoria to the alter. There are seven flowergirls – HRH Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands, HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra of Norway, Madeleine von Dincklage (granddaughter of Princess Margaretha), Vivien Sommerlath (daughter of HM Queen Silvia’s late brother Jörg), Giulia Sommerlath (daughter of Queen Silvia’s brother Thomas), and Hedvig and Vera Blom (nieces of the groom). The three pageboys are HRH Prince Christian of Denmark, Ian De Geer (grandson of Princess Désirée) and Léopold Sommerlath (grandson of Queen Silvia’s brother Walther).
And a short while ago, the official guest list for the wedding ceremony and following reception were published on royalcourt.se. Most of Europe’s royal families are highly represented, as is the Kingdom of Jordan:
- Belgium: TM King Albert II and Queen Paola, TRH Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde, TRH Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz, TRH Prince Laurent and Princess Claire
- Bulgaria: TM King Simeon and Queen Margarita, HRH Prince Kyril, HRH Princess Rosario
- Denmark: HM Queen Margrethe II and HRH Prince Henrik, TRH Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, HRH Prince Christian
- Germany: (zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg) HRH Princess Benedikte and HH Prince Richard, HH Prince Gustav and Ms Carina Axelsson, HH Princess Alexandra and HE Count Jefferson von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth, HH Princess Nathalie and Mr Alexander Johannsmann, (von Bayern) TRH Prince Manuel and Princess Anna, (von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha) TH Hereditary Prince Hubertus and Hereditary Princess Kelly
- Greece: TM King Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie, HRH Princess Alexia and Mr Carlos Morales Quintana, HRH Prince Nikolaos and Ms Tatiana Blatnik, HRH Prince Philippos
- Japan: TIH Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako (it is unknown if the Crown Princess will actually be in attendance)
- Jordan: TM King Abdullah II and Queen Rania, TRH Prince Ali and Princess Rym, TRH Prince El Hassan and Princess Sarvath, HRH Prince Rashid, HRH Princess Noor
- Former Yugoslavia: TRH Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine
- Liechtenstein: TSH Hereditary Prince Alois and Hereditary Princess Sophie
- Luxembourg: TRH Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa, HRH Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume, HRH Prince Felix
- Monaco: HSH Prince Albert II, Ms Charlene Wittstock
- The Netherlands: HM Queen Beatrix, TRH Prince Willem-Alexander and Princess Maxima, HRH Princess Catharina-Amalia, TRH Prince Friso and Princess Mabel, TRH Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien
- Norway: TM King Harald V and Queen Sonja, TRH Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit, HRH Princess Ingrid Alexandra, HH Princess Martha Louise and Mr Ari Behn
- Romania: TRH Crown Princess Margarita and Prince Radu
- Spain: TM King Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofia (unknown if the King will attend, his attendance was not announced by the Spanish court), TRH Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, HRH Infanta Elena, HRH Infanta Cristina and Inaki Urdangarin
- UK: TRH the Earl and Countess of Wessex
Some of the royal guests have already arrived in Stockholm. Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn arrived from Oslo, while Crown Princess Mary and Prince Christian arrived from Copenhagen today.Filed under Swedish Royals
Tagged Coat of Arms, Crown Princess Victoria, Monograms, Prince Daniel, Swedish Royal Wedding 2010.
- Less than a Month to the Swedish Royal Wedding!
- Swedish Archbishop to Preside over the Crown Princely Wedding
- Swedish Royal Wedding Souvenirs Hit the Shelves
- New Swedish Portraits Released, Coninciding with Official Wedding Goods
- Who Will Pay for the Royal Wedding of the Year?