New Chief of Staff for Danish Crown Princely Couple
The Danish Crown Princely Couple has appointed a new Chief of Staff.
The man is Christian Schønau, the 43-year-old administrative head of the Danish Ministry of Social Affairs. The official press release states that Schønau is a lawyer who has worked for various ministries in the similar role since 2005. He will begin work with the royals on September 1st.
Schønau comes on to the royal staff as the replacement for Per Thornit, who was the previous chief of staff. Thornit has been with Crown Prince Frederik since 1985, when he began work as the head of Queen Margrethe’s Cabinet Secretary. Between 1990 and 2004, Thornit was Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Joachim’s secretary before becoming the Crown Princely Couple’s chief of staff. He completed his post at the end of April.Filed under Danish Royals
Tagged Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary, Royal Household & Staff.
- Danish Crown Princely Couple in Bomb Scare
- Danish Crown Princely Family in Miami
- Denmark’s Crown Prince Couple Receive Donation for Humanitarian Fund
- Crown Princely Couple visits Hungary and New York
- Danish Royals help celebrate Home Guard’s 60th Anniversary