Duchess of Cornwall Breaks Leg
HRH The Duchess of Cornwall has broken her leg, as Clarence House has confirmed. The break occurred while the Duchess was out walking near Birkhall, her residence with HRH The Prince of Wales in Scotland.
Initially believing the injury to be nothing more than a sprain, the Duchess went home before going to a local hospital the following day for x-rays. Clarence House confirmed that she had suffered a twisted fracture of her left fibula, and “consequently HRH is wearing a plaster cast and will be for six weeks.”
It was also confirmed that the Duchess intends to continue with her official engagements in the coming weeks, despite doctor’s advice to keep weight off her leg.Filed under British Royals
Tagged Birkhall, Health, Scotland, The Duchess of Cornwall, The Duchess of Rothesay.
- Duchess of Cornwall Visits Schoolgirls Raising Funds for Charity
- Crown Prince Frederik Has Surgery
- The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall in Northern Ireland for One-Day Visit
- The Prince of Wales Meets Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas
- Surgery for the Grand Duchess of Luxembourg