Crown Prince Couple Recieves = Oslo Award
Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit recieved the = Oslo Award 2009 for their “long-standing and sincere commitment to the poor, outcast and disadvantaged”.
The award that was first awarded last year, stimulates social work.
The jury chose the Crown Princely couple for this year’s award, because of their social work and their commitment for disadvantaged people. As examples the jury names the Crown Prince’s work with Global Dignity and the Princess’ involvement in the Church City Mission that show their willingness to facilitate attention to the disadvantaged fellowmen.
Read more about the award here: =Oslo AwardFiled under Norwegian Royals
Tagged Awards, Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit, Humanitarian Efforts.
- Sir David Attenborough, 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for Social Sciences
- Prince of Asturias Award for Technical and Scientific Research
- Ismaíl Kadaré, 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for Letters
- The University of Mexico, 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for Communication and Humanities
- Norman Foster, 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for the Arts