Morocco Royals Remember the Late Hassan II
On the occasion of the eleventh anniversary of the late King Hassan II’s death; King Mohammed VI, accompanied by Crown Prince Moulay El Hassan and his cousin Prince Moulay Ismail, attended on Friday in the Mohammed V mausoleum in Rabat a religious evening.
On this occasion, verses of the Quran were proclaimed followed by panegyrics of the Prophet and prayers for the King. The Royal Family also stayed some time in silent at the graves of late Kings Hassan II and Mohammed V and of late Prince Moulay Abdellah.
On the same night, at the Assouna Mosque in Rabat, Lalla Meryem (the eldest daughter of the Late King) chaired a religious ceremony for women.
The Late Hassan II is the 22nd king in the Alaouite dynasty, he died on 27 July 1999 at the age of 70 after after 38 years on the throne.Filed under Moroccan Royals
Tagged Anniversary, Crown Prince Moulay Hassan, Death, Hassan II, Lalla Meryem, Mohammed VI, Prince Moulay Ismail, Religion.
- Morocco Royals visit the Founder of the Alawite Dynasty’s Tomb
- Crown Prince Moulay Hassan at the Casablanca International Book Fair
- Moulay Rachid & Lalla Meryem at the Hassan II Golf Trophy
- Abdullah and Rania in Morocco
- Wedding of Prince Moulay Ismail of Morocco