Firemen called to the Grand Ducal Palace
Earlier this morning, the fire department of Luxembourg City was called to attend to a fire at the Grand Ducal Palace.
They arrived to find smoke coming from the windows of the palace’s basement, where the laundry rooms are. It is believed a faulty washing machine or dryer is the cause of the small fire, which caused damage to only minor parts of the palace limited to the laundry rooms.
Newspaper RTL printed a picture of Grand Duke Henri chatting, probably thanking, the firemen outside the palace once the emergency had been dealt with.Filed under Luxembourg Royals
Tagged Grand Ducal Palace, Grand Duke Henri, Palaces.
- Luxembourg’s Grand Ducal Family attends Octave Closing
- Grand-Ducal Audience with Dr. Bertrand Piccard
- Grand Ducal Family Out in Force in Luxembourg City
- New Titles for Grand-Ducal Family
- Grand Duke Henri Swears In His New Government