Fined For Not Broadcasting Interview With Saudi Prince
The Arab news station al-Arabiya has been fined because they did not broadcast an interview with one of Saudi Arabia’s many princes. The court of appeal in Dubai confirmed an earlier court ruling that the news station had to pay 100.000 dirham (roughly 19.500 EUR or 27.000 USD), according to newspaper al-Khaleej.
Al-Arabiya had announced the interview with prince doctor Saif al-Islam ibn Saud Abdulaziz al-Saud, but did not broadcast it. Because of this the prince suffered from ‘emotional, moral and social damage’, according to the judge in Dubai.
Source: dpa/ebFiled under Saudi Royals
Tagged Legal Matters, Media, Prince Saif Al Islam, Television.
- Saudi CP gets a visit from the Saudi King in Morocco
- Saudi King starts Busy Tour to launch Projects in Saudi Region
- Shania Twain to interview a Queen
- Interview with Prince Joachim
- Exclusive interview with Prince Laurent