Duke of Anjou and Duchess of Cadaval on Pilgrimage to Jerusalem
Prince Charles Philippe d’Orleans, duke of Anjou, and his Portuguese wife, princess Diane d’Orleans, duchess of Anjou, duchess of Cadaval went on a pilgrimage to Israel with a delegation of the order of Saint Lazare, and its chairman the count Piccapietra. The group went to the holy land in the first week of January, as can be read on the website of the duke.
The group visited the mount of Olives, the garden of Gethsemane, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Via Dolorosa and the Western Wall. The visit coinsided with the celebration of the orthodox christmas and the group was invited to attend a mass by the Greek Orthodox Patriarch in the Nativity Church.
Click here for more photos on the website of the prince.Filed under French Royals, Portuguese Royals
Tagged House of Orléans, Israel, Prince Charles-Philippe, Religion, The Duchess of Cadaval.
- Duchess of Cadaval Writes Book
- Baby Joy for the Duke and Duchess of Vendôme
- Grand Duke and Duchess hold audience at Chateau Berg
- Duke and Duchess of Gloucester Pay Tribute to Fallen Soldiers at Armed Forces Memorial
- Duke and Duchess of Gloucester’s South Pacific Visit Costs Revealed