Requiem Mass For King Louis XVI
On January 21st, it was exactly 216 years ago that King Louis XVI was guillotined in front of a cheering crowd at the place de la revolution (now place de la Concorde). To commemorate his death, a requiem mass was held in the church of Saint Germain l’Auxerrois by Monseigneur Renauld de Dinechin.
The reqieum mass was attended by a lot of people, among them the count of Paris, pretender to the French throne, and his nephew prince Charles Philippe d’Orléans, duke of Anjou.Filed under French Royals
Tagged Anniversary, House of Orléans, Louis XVI, Mass, Prince Charles-Philippe, The Count of Paris.
- Queen Fabiola attends memorial mass for King Baudouin
- Brazilian Royals Attend Mass For Air France Victims
- Belgian King and Queen attend Father Damien Mass in Tremelo
- Belgian Royals attend Mass in remembrance of the deceased family members
- King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia in Italy