Princess Máxima Busy With Microfinance And Science
On Monday Princess Máxima of The Netherlands attended a conference on microfinance that was held at the Peace Palace in The Hague. The conference was hosted by Radio Netherlands Worldservice and the theme was ‘Microfinance, who profits?’. The princess started the conference with a speech in which she talked about the matter, she also said that she would like to see research after the long term effects of microfinance and if it really helps the poor or not.
A day later the princess attended the award ceremony for the Royal Academy of Dutch Science (KNAW) in the Trippenhuis in Amsterdam. Prof.dr. Naomi Ellemers received the prize for her scientific research and her active involvement for equal opportunities for women in science.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Awards, Microfinance, Queen Máxima, Science.
- Máxima talks Microfinance in IJsselstein
- Busy Week For Queen Beatrix…
- Willem-Alexander and Máxima Help End Dutch International Polar Year
- Princess Máxima in Washington DC
- Letizia, Cristina and Máxima lunch in Barcelona