Queen Beatrix Gets United In Freedom
On Monday, Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands attended the meeting ‘In vrijheid verbonden’ (united in freedom) in Utrecht. The meeting was first organised during Queen beatrix’ 25th jubilee in 2005, to focus on the religious and cultural variety of The Netherlands. During Monday’s meeting six different religious groups asked for attention for tolerance and respect for the differences between people.
Representatives from the Jewish community, Buddhism, Christianity, Hindoeism, Humanism and Islam presented themselves with music and texts. Speakers were the minister of Justice, Dr. Ernst Hirsch-Ballin. And former Vice Prime Minister Anne-Marie Jorritsma, who is the mayor of Almere.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Princess Beatrix, Religion.
- Car Crashes into the Crowd at Queen Beatrix’s Parade
- Busy Week For Queen Beatrix…
- Queen Beatrix Celebrates With Knights
- Queen Beatrix Meets Michael Gorbatsjov At the ‘Club of Rome’
- ‘Queen Beatrix Interferes With Appointment Officials’