Queen Fabiola Relinquishes Patronage Due to Weak Health
The Royal Palace has announced that Queen Fabiola is no longer patron of the “Damiaanactie”, a charity which organises a sales action (usually of pens) once a year to collect money for buying leprosy and TBC medication for people suffering from these diseases in the Third World. The Palace clarified that the Queen’s weak health does not allow her to undertake many public engagements any more. As a result, she has given up patronage of the charity. The Palace will announce who will take over next week.
For more information on Queen Fabiola, see this thread.Filed under Belgian Royals
Tagged Health, Patronage, Queen Fabiola.
- Concerns for Queen Fabiola’s Health
- Queen Fabiola Mistakenly Declared Dead Yet Again
- Queen Fabiola Recovers in Spain
- Queen Fabiola attends memorial mass for King Baudouin
- Queen Fabiola in the Hospital for Almost Four Weeks
One Response to Queen Fabiola Relinquishes Patronage Due to Weak Health
Pingback: The Royal Forums » Princess Astrid