First Award Named Princess of Asturias
The Spanish National Council for Sports, who annually organise the National Sports Awards, announced today that this year’s edition will have a new addition, the Princess of Asturias Prize, which will be awarded to the most outstanding sportsmen or sportswoman with less than 18 years of age of the past year.
The Award’s principal intention is to reward the more outstanding Spanish sportsman, sportswoman, associations and sports institutions of the year. Its thirteen categories include the Queen Sofia Prize, the National Award Felipe de Borbón, Infanta Elena Prize and Infanta Cristina Prize.
The Presentation Ceremony takes place annually at the Royal Palace with the attendance of all the members of the Royal Family.
You can read more about the 2008 National Sports awards here.Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Awards, Sport, The Princess of Asturias.
- Spain National Awards for Sports
- Spanish Royals Award the Cervantes Prize 2008
- Ismaíl Kadaré, 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for Letters
- Sir David Attenborough, 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for Social Sciences
- The University of Mexico, 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for Communication and Humanities