Jordan’s Prince Among Six Proposed New IOC Members
Prince Faisal of Jordan was nominated by the International Olympic Committee on Wednesday for election at the IOC general assembly in Vancouver in February.
Faisal is the younger brother of King Abdullah II of Jordan and he is the President of Jordan’s Olympic Committee. His half-sister, Princess Haya, is already an IOC member and head of the International Equestrian Federation.
Also nominated were the secretary general of the New Zealand Olympic committee, Barry Maister; the President of the International Triathlon Union, Maria Casada Estupinan; an official of the Ethiopian national Olympic committee, Dagmawit Girmay Berhane; Chinese speedskater, Yang Yang; and the head of the Union Cycliste Internationale, Pat McQuaid.Filed under Jordanian Royals
Tagged International Olympic Committee, Prince Faisal bin Al Hussein, Sport.
- Crown Prince Frederik Elected to IOC
- Prince Faisal Opens Jordan Rally
- Margrethe II Hosts IOC Luncheon, Opening Ceremony
- Protest over site in Greenwich for the Olympic equestrian events in 2012
- King and Queen of Spain support Madrid 2016