Japan’s Prince Mikasa Suffers Cardiac Arrest
HIH Prince Mikasa, the 93-year-old uncle of HIM Emperor Akihito, was admitted to a Tokyo hospital on Friday October 30th after he suffered a minor cardiac arrest.
The Imperial Household Agency (IHA) confirmed the news earlier this weekend. This is the second time in the past eighteen months the Prince has been hospitalised, he was admitted to the same hospital suffering from acute heart failure in June 2008.
Prince Mikasa is the only surviving paternal uncle of the Emperor, being a younger brother of the late Emperor Hirohito. The Prince will celebrate his 94th birthday on December 15th.Filed under Japanese Royals
Tagged Health, Hospital, Prince Mikasa.
- Imperial Family Welcomes Guests to Garden Party, Celebrates Anniversaries
- Prince Moulay Rachid Hospitalized
- Prince Laurent in Hospital
- Grand Duke Jean in Hospital
- Princess Ariane Hospitalised with Respiratory Problems