Grand Duke Celebrates Railway Anniversary
Grand Duke Henri yesterday participated in the celebrations in Luxembourg of the 150th anniversary of rail travel in the Grand Duchy, attending an academic session at the Grand Theatre of Luxembourg. The first line, from Luxembourg to Arlon and Thionville, was opened on 4-5th October 1859.
The Grand Duke also accepted the credentials of Madam Elisabeth Simbrao, the Ambassador of Angola to Belgium and the Netherlands as the Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador to the Grand ‘Dukedom (sic)’ of Luxembourg.
For more information, please see this thread.Filed under Luxembourg Royals
Tagged Ambassador, Anniversary, Grand Duke Henri.
- Elderly Grand Duke attends Concert with Children
- New Portraits Mark Nine Years of Grand Duke’s Reign
- Grand Duke Opens Grünewald Forest to the Public
- Grand Duke Henri & Son at Government Reception
- Grand Duke Jean in Hospital