‘Run’ on Job as Lackey at Dutch Palace
A job as lackey for Queen Beatrix at the palace seems very popular. Since the ‘service of the royal house’ placed a job advertisement on the internet last week, the service has been flooded with applications.
‘We often place advertisements on the internet’, says spokesperson Weijermans in the Algemeen Dagblad, ‘but this time we are getting an enormous amount of reactions’. The adversisement says that women can also apply for the job. According to Weijermans it is a misunderstanding that only men can be lackey’s, though at the moment no women are employed in this function.
Candidates can reply until November 1st. Among other things, they need to be fluent in English and have knowledge about polishing silverware. The job takes 36 hours a week, for which you will be payed 2338,64 Euros a month.Filed under Dutch Royals
Tagged Princess Beatrix, Royal Household & Staff.
- Prince Joachim to take over Prince Henrik’s Job
- Dutch Royals Visit Koninginnedag Crash Wounded
- Dutch Royals Attend Memorial Service For Victims ‘Apeldoorn’
- Queen Beatrix Reopens the Royal Palace in Amsterdam
- Parents of Máxima Are Not Moving To Huis ten Bosch Palace