The Princess of Asturias – in Asturias
Today must have been a special day for Princess Letizia, as she returned to her homeland, Asturias. As you all surely remember, she was born in Oviedo, its capital. By the way, next Friday the Prince and the Princess of Asturias will be there again to attend the presentation ceremony of the 2009 Princes of Asturias Awards which is without doubt the major annual event they attend. Oviedo is already waiting for its Prince and Princess and its prizewinners – but everything in good time.
Today the Princess was in Candás, a beautiful fishing village in the north of Asturias famous for its Internatinal Sadine Festival (this blogger can testify to that) to visit the San Felix school. This centre is part of EducaRed program which is promoted by Fundacion Telefonica and whose main goal is to apply Internet as a tool of innovation and pedagogic training among teachers, parents and pupils of primary and secondary education, baccalaureate and formative cycles of average degree, to improve the quality of their education and to encourage the equality of opportunities. Currently in Spain more than 12,000 schools are registered in this program.
See you in Oviedo next week!Filed under Spanish Royals
Tagged Children, Education, Internet, Queen Letizia.
- The University of Mexico, 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for Communication and Humanities
- Sir David Attenborough, 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for Social Sciences
- Prince of Asturias Award for Technical and Scientific Research
- World Health Organization, 2009 Prince of Asturias Award for International Cooperation
- Berlin Wins 2009 Prince of Asturias Prize for Concord