King Harald Opens Parliament
Today King Harald, Queen Sonja and Crown Prince Haakon attended the opening of the Norwegian Parliament, Stortinget, in Oslo.
As every year the parliament was formally opened by the King , who also gave out the throne speech in Parliament. The throne speech was a review of the government’s work plans for the coming year. It contained no political news, but dealt with all the main points that the government will give priority in the future. The formal opening of Parliament is part of HM the King’s constitutional role.
On October 22nd, the King and Queen will hold a dinner for members of parliament at the Royal Palace.Filed under Norwegian Royals
Tagged Crown Prince Haakon, Harald V, Parliament, Queen Sonja.
- Opening of the Swedish Parliament 2009
- Danish Royals attend Opening of Parliament 2009
- Will the Emir dissolve Parliament?
- Royal Couple opens Bergen International Festival
- Queen Sonja opens ‘The Collectors’ Exhibition