Rania visits New York Girls School – US Visit, Day 1
Her Majesty Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan visited The Young Women’s Leadership School East Harlem, New York. During the visit, Her Majesty met with some of the students and staff, they discussed the importance of what education plays in daily life and how it can improve children’s lives.
Accompanying Her Majesty was UNICEF Executive Director Ann M. Veneman. Her Majesty served as UNICEF’s Eminent Advocate for Children since 2007 and also has supported a number of education initiatives that focuses on girls and education.
For more on the US trip, visit the Visit to the US: September 2009 thread.Filed under Jordanian Royals
Tagged Ann Veneman, Education, Official Visit, Queen Rania, UNICEF, United States of America.
- UNICEF’s Executive Director Highlights Huge Impact of Madrasati
- Queen Rania appointed Honorary Global Chair for the UNGEI
- Rania starts Visit to South Africa
- Rania learns about the “Knowledge is Power Programme”
- Princess Máxima learns about Girls and Technology