Swedish Archbishop to Preside over the Crown Princely Wedding
The Swedish Royal Court has announced the names of the four bishops who will preside over the wedding of HRH Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling in June 2010.
Archbishop Anders Wejryd will officiate the ceremony, which will take place at Storkyrkan in Gamla Stan. He will be assisted by Bishop Emeritus Lars-Göran Lönnermark, Bishop Antje Jackelén and Dean [Vicar] Åke Bonnier.
According to the press release, each Bishop was asked personally by HM the King to officiate at the wedding, shortly after the couple’s February 24 engagement.
The news was released earlier than planned by the Royal Court, after Kyrkans Tidning announced the Archbishop’s role in the wedding on Saturday.Swedish Royals
Tagged Crown Princess Victoria, Prince Daniel, Religion, Swedish Royal Wedding 2010.
- Swedish Royal Wedding Souvenirs Hit the Shelves
- Who Will Pay for the Royal Wedding of the Year?
- Danish Crown Princely Couple in Bomb Scare
- Crown Princess Victoria Engaged!
- Crown Princess Victoria, Fiance, Parents, Speak to Sweden Regarding Engagement