Queen Margrethe visits Germany, Day One
Queen Margrethe II is currently on a two-day visit to Germany, where she met with German President Köhler. The pair had a brief meeting before the Queen had her first engagement.
A move to Dresden and the city’s Frauenkirche (Church of Our Lady) was the site of this engagement, and Margrethe was fascinated by the church’s beauty. She spoke with HE Jochen Bohl, the State Bishop of Saxony, and pointed out several items on the church’s ceiling which captured her attention. The Queen was accompanied by the Governor of Saxony, Stanislaw Tillich, and his wife Veronika.
Princess Benedikte, the Queen’s younger sister, joined in the visit tonight for a dinner at the Zwinger Art Museum, in honour of Queen Margrethe. This was followed by the duo attending a performance of the ballet Giselle at the Semper Opera.
Queen Margrethe’s visit concludes tomorrow.
Click here to view the thread regarding the visit.
Tagged Germany, Margrethe II, Official Visit, President Köhler, Princess Benedikte, Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg.
- Queen Margrethe discusses Designs for ‘Swineherd’ Ballet
- Queen Margrethe hands out award to guardsman
- Queen Margrethe II celebrates 69th Birthday
- Queen Margrethe at Press Conference for New Film
- Queen Margrethe and Crown Princess Mary of Denmark in the Traditional Clothing of Greenland