Madeleine & Jonas – Engagement Interview
The engagement of Princess Madeleine and her fiance Jonas Bergström was announced this morning by the Royal Court. Later the newly engaged couple gave a press conference at the Soliden Palace at the island of Oland.
You can find a video of the press conference here.
During the interview we got to know that Jonas proposed to Madeleine in Capri, on June 12th.
There has not been chosen a date for the wedding yet, but according to the Royal Court it will not take place before Crown Princess Victoria’s and Daniel Westling wedding or next year’s general election.
The wedding is expected to take place in Oland in late 2010 or early 2011.
30 years old Jonas Bergström and Princess Madeleine(27) met through mutual friends in the autumn of 2002. Jonas completed a law degree at Stockholm University in 2006. Currently he is working as a lawyer.
After the wedding Jonas Bergstrom’s title will be “Duke of Gastrikland”.
Tagged Engagement, Jonas Bergström, Princess Madeleine.
- Princess Madeleine Engagement
- Princess Madeleine awarded 400,000€ in win against German tabloids
- Princess Madeleine attends Charity Auction
- Crown Princess Victoria, Fiance, Parents, Speak to Sweden Regarding Engagement
- Engagement Reception for Victoria & Daniel