Princess Madeleine Engagement
It has been announced by the Swedish Court that Princess Madeleine is engaged to be married to her long-time boyfriend Jonas Bergström. After rumours of the engagement were published in some Swedish media outlets over the last few days, the news has become official with the announcement on the Swedish royal family website. It has been reported that the families of the couple had a celebratory dinner together on Sunday, ahead of the announcement. The wedding date has not yet been announced.
Princess Madeleine’s elder sister, Crown Princess Victoria, became engaged to her long-time boyfriend Daniel Westling earlier this year, and are set to marry on 19 June 2010. In contrast, their brother Prince Carl Philip has recently broken up with his long-term girlfriend Emma Pernald.
For more information about the engagement, see this thread.Filed under Swedish Royals
Tagged Engagement, Jonas Bergström, Princess Madeleine.
- Rumors of a Royal Engagement in Sweden
- Crown Princess Victoria Engaged!
- Crown Princess Victoria’s Engagement Press Conference Fashion
- Crown Princess Victoria, Fiance, Parents, Speak to Sweden Regarding Engagement
- Princess Madeleine attends Charity Auction