First Patronage for Princess Marie
The Tønder Festival was announced by the Danish Royal Court as the first patronage of HRH Princess Marie.
The annual folk music festival, which takes place in the southern-Danish city of Tønder neighbouring Marie’s home at Schackenborg Castle, has been running since 1975. The festival traditionally runs on the last weekend of August each year, the dates for this year’s concert being August 27-30. As well as local Danish artists, performers from Ireland, Scotland, England, the US and Canada come to Tønder each year to perform for the 22,000 people who come through the gates at the festival.
Click here to read more about the Princess’ first patronage.Filed under Danish Royals
Tagged Music, Patronage, Princess Marie of Denmark.
- Crown Prince Frederik Takes on New Patronage
- Princess Marie’s Début in Danish
- Princess Marie and Prince Joachim in Tønder
- It’s a Boy for Princess Marie!
- Princess Marie of Denmark Maternity Fashion Part 3: Third Trimester