Queen Fabiola attends memorial mass for King Baudouin
On 31 July, Queen Fabiola attended the memorial mass for her late husband, King Baudouin I of Belgium. The mass is always organised at the special request of Queen Fabiola, on the anniversary of the King’s death, at the Church of Our Lady in Laeken. Queen Fabiola was accompanied by Prince Nicolas of Liechtenstein, the husband of her niece, Princess Margaretha.
The Queen attended the mass in a wheelchair, and looked very fragile, far from the energetic woman who waved an apple at her would-be assassins on the National Day, little over a week ago. The Palace emphasised that the Queen used the wheelchair simply because of severe fatigue.
For more information about Queen Fabiola and her activities, see here.Filed under Belgian Royals, Historical Royals, Liechtenstein Royals
Tagged Anniversary, King Baudouin, Mass, Memorial, Princess Margaretha, Queen Fabiola.
- Belgian Royals attend Mass in remembrance of the deceased family members
- The Queen Mother’s Memorial
- Death Anniversaries of Queen Juliana And Queen Emma
- Queen Paola attends ICMEC meeting in Cairo
- King Carl Gustaf attends Skiing World Cup