Queen Fabiola attends memorial mass for King Baudouin
On 31 July, Queen Fabiola attended the memorial mass for her late husband, King Baudouin I of Belgium. The mass is always organised at the special request of Queen Fabiola, on the anniversary of the King’s death, at the Church of Our Lady in Laeken. Queen Fabiola was accompanied by Prince Nicolas of Liechtenstein, the husband of her niece, Princess Margaretha.
The Queen attended the mass in a wheelchair, and looked very fragile, far from the energetic woman who waved an apple at her would-be assassins on the National Day, little over a week ago. The Palace emphasised that the Queen used the wheelchair simply because of severe fatigue.
For more information about Queen Fabiola and her activities, see here.Filed under Belgian Royals, Liechtenstein Royals
Tagged Anniversary, King Baudouin, Mass, Memorial, Princess Margaretha, Queen Fabiola.
- Queen Fabiola in Public Again At The Queen Elisabeth Concours
- King Baudouin International Development Prize awarded
- Queen Fabiola in the Hospital for Almost Four Weeks
- Second Murder Threat for Queen Fabiola
- Murder Threat for Queen Fabiola