King of Morocco recognizes the Holocaust
The 45 year old King of Morocco, Mohammed VI, has formally admitted the Holocaust. King Mohammed declared the Nazi genocide of the Jews “one of the most tragic chapters of modern history” a few days after Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the Iranian President, denied it had ever occurred.
King Mohammed VI announced his support of the Aladdin Project, which is a Paris-based program run by the Foundation for the Memory of the Holocaust and is designed to educate the Muslim world about the genocide. The project involves translating key Holocaust texts such as ‘The Diary of Anne Frank’ into Arabic and Farsi. The foundation’s director, Anne-Marie Revcolevschi, said King Mohammed VI’s speech was “a very important political act.” She also said: “This is the first time an Arab head of state takes such a clear stand on the Holocaust.”Filed under Moroccan Royals
Tagged Holocaust, Mohammed VI, World War II.
- King and Queen of Jordan begin trip to Morocco and Portugal
- Abdullah and Rania in Morocco
- Saudi King starts Busy Tour to launch Projects in Saudi Region
- Moroccan Crown Prince Completes 1st Grade
- Saudi CP gets a visit from the Saudi King in Morocco